Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Trusted Care for Troublesome Teeth
Why Choose Park City Dentistry for Wisdom Tooth Extractions?
- Happy to Treat Adults & Teens Alike
- Sedation Dentistry Guarantees a Comfortable Experience
- Same-Day Appointments Available for Urgent Situations
Usually, around the late teens or early twenties, everyone gets a present—their wisdom teeth. Not exactly high on anyone’s wish list, this extra set of molars usually only cause problems as they try to come in…the keyword being “try.” Usually, they become stuck and cause pain towards the back of the jaw, and left along, they can often develop an infection. At Park City Dentistry, Dr. Calderwood is able to extract these teeth so patients are able to get what they need without having to visit an outside specialist.
What to Expect During a Wisdom Tooth Extraction
After giving a patient an exam and determining that their wisdom teeth need to come out, the procedure will involve the following basic steps:
- Dr. Calderwood will begin by thoroughly numbing a patient’s mouth
- He’ll then make a small incision in the gums so he can access a tooth
- He’ll remove any bone tissue still housing a tooth
- He’ll then extract the tooth itself.
- Then, he’ll close the treatment site with self-dissolving sutures
Typically, a patient will experience a little bleeding and swelling after the procedure, but this should abate after just a few days. Most are able to resume their normal routine diet in just a week or less.