Single Tooth Replacement – Park City, UT
from the Roots Up
Why Choose Park City Dentistry to Replace a Single Tooth?
- Entire Implant Procedure Completed Under One Roof
- State-of-the-Art Technology Helps Patients Save Time
- Custom-Made Restorations for Every Patient
If you’ve lost a single tooth, you may be thinking, “Do I really need to replace it? You can’t even see it when I smile.” The short answer is yes. Even one lost tooth impacts the function of your entire smile. At the most basic level, the pressure that your individual lost tooth absorbed during chewing has to go somewhere when a tooth is lost. That means the surrounding teeth receive greater amounts of pressure, putting them at increased risk for chips and cracks. Leaving a tooth missing can also allow teeth to shift, filling the gap in your smile. If you’ve already invested in costly orthodontic treatments, leaving a tooth missing is like throwing that time and money away. When you’re ready to get started with a restoration plan, call our Park City dental office to schedule a tooth replacement consultation. We’ll review your treatment options and help you to find the best solution to put the smile back on your face.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
To replace one lost tooth, we will recommend either a traditional fixed bridge prosthetic or a single tooth dental implant. Both options offer effective solutions that will last for years with proper care, but because of its close to natural results, we most often recommend an implant supported dental crown.
A fixed bridge restoration is composed of three main parts, the replacement tooth and two dental crowns. The crowns are placed on either side of the replacement tooth. Then, the entire prosthetic is fixed in place by attaching the crowns to surrounding healthy teeth for support. Unfortunately, this does require us to remove a small amount of healthy tooth structure to provide support for the fixed bridge.
Single Tooth Dental Implants
A single tooth dental implant uses just one implant post to support a customized dental crown, replacing a lost tooth from the roots up. Once the dental implant post is in place, a custom, tooth-colored dental crown is designed and positioned, attaching to the implant post. This offers a seamless recreation of the entire lost tooth that will continue to look, feel, and function like a natural smile for years to come.
The Benefits of Implant Supported Tooth Replacement
If you’re still not sold on the idea of implant supported tooth replacement, keep the following benefits in mind before you make your final decision:
- Long-lasting implant supported dental crowns can last for three decades or longer with proper care compared to dental bridges that need to be replaced at least every ten years.
- Natural-looking and feeling, your single tooth implant will blend seamlessly into your smile line, allowing you to speak and smile confidently, eat all of your favorite foods, and brush and floss each day as usual.
- Because the dental implant post mimics the natural function of your lost tooth root, your implant-retained dental crown will be fully self-supporting. This means that you won’t have to worry about removing healthy enamel from surrounding teeth.