Are you tired of waking up to a stained and discolored smile? Do your teeth make you cringe each time you look at them in the mirror? If so, maybe it’s time to consider what you can do to improve their appearance. Unsure where to start? Your cosmetic dentist in Park City can serve as a great ally and provider for tips on how you can jumpstart better oral health that, in turn, leads to a more aesthetically pleasing smile. Read on to receive a few important tips that can make a lasting impact on your daily appearance.
How Can Your Dentist Help You Achieve a Better Smile?
The first step to improving your oral health and the overall look of your smile is to schedule a consultation with your dentist. This visit will accomplish several things:
- Discussing your goals and what results you hope to achieve
- An examination of your smile to determine problem areas
- Formulation of a treatment plan that explains what steps will be taken to address these issues
Your consultation is the starting point for any type of treatment or procedure, but it also serves to provide you with insight and what you can do at home to enhance and maintain a beautiful smile.
Useful Tips to Consider
In order to achieve the results you desire, there are some valuable tips you should consider, such as:
- Be mindful of your diet – Eating healthy foods (i.e. leafy greens, cheese, yogurt, vegetables, fruits, and nuts) can strengthen your teeth and even protect against decay and gum disease. Too much sugar can lead to increased bacterial growth and ultimately, cavity formation.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene – Brushing twice a day for two minutes, flossing at least once a day, and rinsing with an ADA-approved mouthwash will help to keep harmful bacteria and food particles out, all of which can cause tooth decay and gum disease to develop.
- Keep your regular dental checkups and cleanings – It’s recommended that you see your dentist twice a year to ensure there are no problems developing and to remove harmful plaque and tartar build up from around your teeth and gums.
- Discuss cosmetic dentistry options – It is likely that your dentist offers a breadth of cosmetic services, many of which can enhance the aesthetics of your smile. Some of these may include teeth whitening, dental bonding, porcelain veneers, metal-free dental restorations, gum recontouring, smile makeovers, and even Botox or Juvederm for your fine lines and wrinkles.
- Drink plenty of water – Not only is this beneficial to your overall health, but water helps to increase saliva production that eliminates the possibility of bad breath and flushes out bacteria and food particles from inside your mouth.
If you’re ready to take the first step and change the way you see your smile, consider all of your options and talk to your dentist about ways you can achieve dramatic results in 2020.
About the Author
Dr. Cody Calderwood attended Brigham Young University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Maryland. Dr. Calderwood has seen just how much cosmetic dentistry can transform lives, which is why he can help you achieve the smile of your dreams with a variety of services, each designed to meet your individual needs. Visit our website or call (435) 649-4343 to learn more about how we can help you.