What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are an effective method of transforming your smile into what it is you envision. These thin shell coverings can hide your imperfections and give you a smile that will last a decade or more. The procedure itself is completed in two appointments. During your initial visit, your cosmetic dentist in Park City will discuss your oral health and what kind of smile you hope to achieve. Part of this discussion will include the color and shape of your new teeth.
Then, he will take measurements of your face and consider your skin tone and facial symmetry as he designs your new veneers. He’ll then remove a small portion of the enamel from your tooth to ensure the veneers lay flat against your natural teeth. You’ll have an impression taken of your teeth, so it can be sent to the lab for veneer creation. You’ll receive temporary veneers before you leave.
It isn’t until you return for your second appointment that your dentist will remove the temporaries and replace them with your permanent veneers. Local anesthesia will be used to ensure you are comfortable prior to placement. A curing light is used to help the bonding material adhere to your natural teeth.
What Can They Hide?
When you talk to your dentist about treatment options, it may be that you are tired of the imperfections on your teeth. These can include:
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignments
- Uneven or worn teeth
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
There are a wide array of cosmetic solutions out there that can help you achieve a new smile, but not all treatments may be right for you. When considering treatment, durability, aesthetics, and lifespan, porcelain veneers have many benefits.
- For people suffering from minor misalignments or gaps between their teeth, porcelain veneers offer a faster treatment solution than Invisalign or traditional braces.
- Patients who’ve tried teeth whitening and didn’t achieve the desired results can see a noticeable difference with porcelain veneers, as they’re customized to the color you prefer.
- Porcelain veneers, if taken care of properly, can last for a decade or longer.
- They’re stain-resistant, which makes it easy to enjoy the foods and drinks you love.
- Veneers are natural in look and feel, making it almost impossible for someone to notice your treatment.
Don’t waste any more time walking around with an imperfect smile. Talk to your cosmetic dentist in Park City about your treatment options and whether porcelain veneers are right for you.
About the Author
Dr. Cody Calderwood attended Brigham Young University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Maryland. Dr. Calderwood has seen just how much cosmetic dentistry can transform lives, which is why he can help you achieve the smile of your dreams with porcelain veneers. Visit our website or call (435) 649-4343 to learn more about how we can help you.